What You Need to Know
Burn injuries are painful, dangerous, costly, and more common than you might expect. It should be noted that about 40,000 people are hospitalized due to a burn related injury each year. That is a lot of people who could end up spending their hard-earned money on an injury they may not be liable for. We understand how hard you work, which is one reason why we work hard for you.
A Burn Can be Costly
A serious burn injury, depending on its severity, is something that could end up costing a lot. Keep in mind that the average serious burn victim has to stay in the hospital from 33 days to 73 days. A one-day medical stay could be thousands of dollars, so imagine what a long stay hospital bill might look like. This does not include the time you will lose at work due to the injury. These are just some costs that should not be put on your shoulders if another is at fault.
It is our job to find those who are liable for your accident so that you can get help in your time of need. Our commitment to our clients has sustained our reputation as one of the best firms dealing with burn injury accidents.
What You can Expect From Us
There is a lot that you can expect from our firm of specialized lawyers who have personally dealt with burn injury lawsuits and other personal injury claims.
Of course, one of the first steps that you will go through is the initial consultation, which will help you and our attorneys determine if there is a case to pursue. At this point, details about the incident will be reviewed, not to mention the collection of possible evidence like witnesses. It is a crucial step that requires much attention.
You can expect our experts to work on your issue as soon as we accept your case. Of course, the root of any case is causation, which could include any of the following:
- Fires associated with a structure like a home, apartment, commercial building, or a public building
- Fires associated with an electrical malfunction
- Vehicle-related accidents
- Products that did not perform as promised
- Exposure to dangerous chemicals without proper warning or some negligence on the part of those responsible for these chemicals
- Steam or boiling water stemming from a negligent party
- An accident related to a construction site
- Misusing medical equipment that ended up injuring you
These are just examples of the kinds of cases that we have dealt with, but they are not exclusive. Establishing causation is one of the first steps towards building your case.
Another aspect that is very important to us when it comes to burn victims is identifying issues that might never truly heal, which is quite common with some severe injuries. These include some of the following:
- Some victims end up with severe physical disability that include decreased mobility or some function-reduction within a limb
- There could be some mental and physical pain due to permanent scarring and disfigurement
- Burned victims sometimes suffer from infections due to severity of the burns
- There is the possibility of breathing issues should a victim inhale certain chemicals or too much smoke during the incident that may not go away
- Brain damage is a definite possibility with some burn victims because he or she was exposed to a low-oxygen situation for far too long
- The overall quality of life might suffer after this incident, which needs to be addressed
These are some of the issues that could arise after an incident that will have an impact on your life. We take these issues seriously and ensure that we include them as we build your case. Our team will get copies of doctor reports and any documentation regarding the chemicals that you might have been exposed to. Our team has seen victims not exhibit symptoms of a certain chemical they were exposed to until much later. We need to be aware of these types of issues, which is what makes our research team crucial at this time.
It is important to note that calling us as soon as possible is advisable because it helps us build the case quicker and gather up as much information as possible. Our team will better estimate what you need if we are given enough time with your case.
Do not hesitate to call us, and find out what options are available to you. We are here to help you get what you deserve.